Jazzi Cosmetic Surgery & Aesthetic Medicine
- acne scars (atrophic scars) & hypertrophic scars (raised scars)
- fine lines & wrinkles
- reduction in appearance of large pores
- uneven pigmentation
- general texture irregularities
- uneven skin -stretch marks
- skin laxity
- skin rejuvenation
How does it work?
- Collagen keeps skin looking youthful, firm, smooth, and with a stretchy texture
- As we age collagen production begins to decline in the skin contributing to wrinkles & aging
Who can have this procedure?
- Anyone! All skin types!
*Do not perform in the presence of active skin infection/irritation
Patient Education Prior to procedure:
- Avoid retinol/benzoyl/salicylic acids & chemical peels 1 wk prior
- Must be at least 2 wks post microdermabrasion
- Cleanse topical numbing from skin with makeup removal wipe & alcohol prep
- Attach needle head to microneedling pen
- 12 needle (for scars)
- 36 needle (skin rejuvenation)
- Place blue plastic protector wrap over microneedling pen
- Adjust depth on microneedling pen
- Desired effect is pin prick bleeding to treated skin
- Typically lower depth for forehead (0.5-1.5cm), deeper depth for cheeks (2-2.5cm)
- Use topical gliding agent (Hyaluronic Acid or PRP) on skin to assist movement of microneedling pen & injection of gliding agent into skin
- 1 pass
- Wear sunscreen
- Skin protectant ointment on day of treatment (Aquaphor, Petroleum Jelly, Bacitracin)
- Redness for several hours to 1 day
- Cleanse skin twice a day with mild soap, use mild moisturizer
- Retreatment can occur every 2 weeks
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
- Natural rejuvenation process of skin & keep skin youthful
- Improve fine lines & wrinkles
- Hair rejuvenation
- Used as a gliding agent for PRP
PRP Collection Procedure:
- Supplies: 4 yellow top tubes needed, Butterfly needle & vacutainer, Tourniquet
- Assess patient for a vein for blood draw
- Cleanse skin/vein site with alcohol prep, allow 30 sec to dry -Insert butterfly needle, bevel up, stop upon blood return
- Collect 4 yellow blood specimen tubes to indicated line -Invert tubes 5-10 times
- Release tourniquet
- Remove butterfly needle, place gauze pad over insertion site and apply pressure
Hyaluronic Acid (HA)
- skin hydration
- reduces fine lines & dullness
CBD is one of the naturally occurring compounds found in cannabis plants–It belongs to a class of molecules called cannabinoids and is actually the predominant cannabinoid in hemp. CBD oil is made from extracting the CBD from the hemp plant.
What skin conditions can CBD oil target?
- Acne – diminish breakouts and reduce redness due to CBD oils anti-inflammatory properties
- Anti-aging and wrinkles – reduce the visible signs of aging skin by reducing free radicals
- Sensitive skin
How does CBD oil benefit the skin?
- Helps fight wrinkles from the inside out
- Acts as a powerful antioxidant– reduces free radicals and protects collagen production
- Reverses aging by exhibiting antiinflammatory properties, relieving stress, and improving blood circulation.
- Relaxes the body and mind and improves the quality of sleep, which gives the body an opportunity to remove toxins and regenerate body cells.
Who is it for?
Anyone! However, if you are worried about testing positive for THC on a drug test, then it is recommended to stay away from this product.