Why the Tatto Removal
If you have a tattoo you hate, don’t worry we can help! Laser Tattoo Removal is available at Jazzi Cosmetic Surgery & Aesthetic Medicine in Lexington, Kentucky and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Rohrer Aesthetic Lasers have made it easy to remove a wide variety of tattoo pigments. We offer local numbing for patients to make this process as comfortable as possible for our patients. The laser targets pigment in the skin breaking down the ink over a period of time where the tattoo will no longer be visible!
Tattoo Removal Q & A
We use a Q-switch Yag laser.
This laser targets pigment in the skin using nanosecond pulses with high peak powers and dual wavelengths (1064nm/532nm) for removal of a wide variety of tattoo pigments.
- No bleaching or exfoliation within 48 hrs.
- Notify clinical staff if you use blood thinners, fish oils, vit E, NSAIDs.
- Place eye protection on patient
- Place Q-switch head on hand piece (looks similar to erbium head)
- Use Rohrer Aesthetics reference card for tattoo removal according to color
- Adjust settings as appropriate
- Always start at 4mm spot size (400 mj), doesn’t matter how small tattoo
- Spot sizes 4mm down to 1 ½ mm
- Treat blacks first (1064 nm) -Then colors (532 nm)
- Pick up handpiece & secure to wrist -Switch laser from ‘Standby’ to ‘Ready’
- Hover over tattoo, connect dots
- Look for frost
- Can effect pigment, will re-regulate in 6 weeks
- 1000mj is highest energy -once maxed out, decrease spot size, start over with mj’s
- Do not get in public water
- No exercise for 24hrs
- No sweating with ablative tissue (take summer off for tattoo removal treatment)
- Use Vaseline/Aquaphor for hydration. It is important that area is kept moist to avoid scabs/scars
- Antibiotic ointment may be applied post treatment to broken skin
- Keep area covered for 48 hrs, takes 24 hrs for re-epithelialization to occur
- Avoid sun exposure to treated area completely for 10 days
- Wear sunscreen
- Healing of the skin takes about 2 weeks with tattoo fading for about 8 weeks,reduces about 20% less with each treatment Q-switch is successful in removing tattoo without scarring, Hypo or Hyperpigmentation, final result is almost complete clearance of tattoo
- Retreatment every 6 weeks
- Will require 6-12 treatments depending on the bodies clearance of the color
Should you have a question that isn’t answered here, please call us at 215-999-6695 or email email@example.com !
We look are happy to help you 🙂