BOTOX (onabotulinumtoxin A injection)
Botox injections block certain chemical signals from nerves, mostly signals that cause muscles to contract.
- Dynamic rhytids (wrinkles)
- Excessive Sweating
- FDA approved to last up to 4 months for dynamic rhytids
- Retreatment every 91 days
- Botox can onset in as little as 3 days. It will be at 75% in 2 weeks and 100% in 3 weeks.
- With continuous, timely repeat injections the treated muscles lose memory which results in the need for ⅓ less dose overtime (after about 1 yr)
- *Men can require up to 2x’s the amount as women