Facial Fat Transfer
Also known as fat grafting or fat injections, is a facial rejuvenation treatment that redistributes excess fat in the body to improve facial volume and minimize wrinkles. This treatment can be performed on its own, or in combination with other procedures (such as a facelift or brow lift) to improve outcomes. Unlike most cosmetic injectables, fat injections use the patient’s own fat for natural-looking results that last.
Before and After
What can be treated?
- Loss of facial volume
- Under-eye hollows
- Hollow temples
- Thin lips
- Lines and wrinkles
- Visible signs of age on the hands
Fat grafting begins with removing unwanted fat from another area of the body (usually the thighs, buttocks, or abdomen) with gentle liposuction under local anesthesia.
- Once the fat has been collected, Dr. Gupta will prepare it before injecting it — little by little — into the areas that need more volume until the desired result is achieved.
- Facial fat grafting can be performed on its own or in conjunction with other procedure.
Recovery and Results
- About one week of swelling and bruising at the donor and treatment sites.
- Instead of the results appearing quickly (as with dermal fillers), outcome from facial fat grafting appear gradually, sometimes taking six months. However, results from facial fat grafting are much more permanent than dermal fillers — up to 5-7 years or more. It’s also important to understand that some of the fat may not survive in its new environment, so you may need to have multiple treatments to get the results you want.